Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Daisy Girl.


I have to tell the story of how we decided to add this little sweetie to our family. About 6 weeks after Jason and I had been married, and tired of being home alone during the evenings, i wanted a puppy. I had done a little research and found a breeder in Snowflake, Arizona {where Jason's grandparents live} who was going to have Yorkie/Maltese mix puppies ready for a new home in a couple of weeks. I had contacted her and asked for pictures, and once I saw the little girl, my heart melted. So I had to tell Jason{who was not a dog person}. 
Jason, being the logical person he is, pointed out the obvious- we could barely feed ourselves, we didn't need to worry about feeding a little puppy too. So that was that. 
A few weeks later we went to Snowflake to visit his Grandparents and then on Sunday we were going to Joseph City for his other Grandparents farewell talk before their 5th mission. They're amazing. Anyway... Jason was showing me around Snowflake {since I had never been there before}. He took me downtown, we got a malt, just a good ol'fashion kind of time. Then we came across a pet store. I immediately knew it was the breeder with the adorable puppy. I hesitated, but agreed to go in with him. We looked and played with just about all the puppies in the place. The owner of the store was quick to point out that the female Yorkie/Maltese, with the bandana around her neck, was sold. Great, Jason took me to see the puppy I had wanted, but was going home with another family. I was ready to leave. As I was moving to the door, Jason asked me, "well, Ash. Aren't you going to take your puppy with you?" I looked in amazement, then broke out in tears. My husband. He got me good. Best surprise I have ever had. And I think best surprise he has had too. He did not know just how attached he would get to our little Daisy dog, but she melted his heart too. 

First picture with Daisy. You can't tell I was excited at all, can you?

The first time her little paws touched the grass, she loved it. In fact so much she let us know- she howled!

First bath, pretty pitiful, but still cute.

She loves treats!

Couldn't resist a little photo op.

Dogs can smile right? Can you see hers?

Begging. Dad taught her that "trick".

So she looks pretty sissy right. Well, wrong. Daisy LOVES the outdoors and everything that goes with it. This was after a day at Schnepf Farms in Queen Creek, Arizona. She found the pond.


Our little sweet heart. A constant reminder that there is simple joy to be found in daily life. 

2 comments:

  1. Wahoo! Congrats! I am so excited for you. First step dog...next step...baby! :) haha love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't know it was a surprise. what a cute husband to do that for you. you two are such a great match

    ReplyDelete