Monday, December 5, 2011

Thanksgiving.


For Thanksgiving my family decided it would be easiest if we all got together at the house Jason and I are staying at in Tulsa. Just about a month before Thanksgiving, my Grandma actually ended up having heart surgery, so she was in no shape to host the family’s Thanksgiving dinner, thus the reason we hosted this year’s Thanksgiving meal, and I was in charge of the turkey. Nervous yet? I was. Jason and I had only ever cooked one turkey before, and he did all the cooking. Well, to be more precise, he smoked the turkey and it was delicious. Back to this year’s bird. I decided the easiest way to cook this gal would be in an oven bag. Those do wonders. My Mom, on the other hand, was a skeptic. She didn’t think it was going to be cooked at all. She was worried the whole time. Sometimes it is nice to prove your mother wrong, as long as it’s all in good fun. : )  That was the juiciest, flavorful turkey I had in a long time...
… all thanks to Reynold’s oven bags. 
Enough with the bird.

Here’s a list of who all came: of course Jason and I, my Mom and Sean, Aunt Kathy and Uncle Steve (and his awesome hair), Grandma and Larry, crazy, sweet Aunt Julie and Uncle Bo, and their son Nick with his cute girlfriend. Oh, and my two ornery big brothers, Jeread and Brenan. {It was so good to see Jeread! He looks like he is doing great!} Love them!

The night before Jason and I cleaned out the garage so we could all sit in the same room during the meal. So that’s were we gathered. It turned out great! We had the drink, food, and dessert buffets set up in the house and we all ate together in the great room of the garage! It was so nice to be with family and remember the reason for the season. Truly.

I speak for both Jason and I but I’m sure he feels the same way: every day we are eternally grateful to our Father in Heaven for such a wonderful family.

While I was cleaning up the kitchen, Jason decided we all needed to help. Thus the reason for Daisy on the counter “cleaning up” the left over turkey from de-boning the leftovers. Notice I didn’t turn around for the picture…I couldn’t stand to watch.
She says, "Where's the rest?"




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had an amazing thanksgiving. Great job on the turkey! I would have been a little stressed about it too. :)

    ReplyDelete