Friday, December 2, 2011

Day Trip.

Jason came down from Tulsa to stay with me before my last week working in Oklahoma City. It was a beautiful day in Oklahoma! Too beautiful to stay cooped up in the house! Mike, Mary, Jason & I decided to make a day trip around some fun placed in Oklahoma City. Well, really Mike & Mary knew where all the fun places are, we were just along for the ride!

The first stop we made was the round barn in Arcadia, Oklahoma, which is along the old Route 66. It was originally built in 1898 and obviously served as a place for the towns dances, oh and to house livestock as well. I won’t tell the whole story about this interesting pit stop along Rout 66, but if you are interested, here is the website- www.arcadiaroundbarn.org .



After our stop there, we headed for lunch at Pops, it is a gas station/restaurant/specialty soda shop. Jason and I had gone with his sister to a place similar a year or more ago in Scottsdale called Pops Soda Shop, but this Pops in Oklahoma is a little bigger and definitely more eye catching. For lunch I can’t remember what everyone ordered, I just remember that after we had all ordered our meals, Mike insisted that we try the buffalo burger, so he ordered another burger for all of us to share! We had so much tasty food!

After lunch, we walked around a looked at the interesting sodas for sale. If I remember correctly Jason got a butterscotch cream soda and I got a blackberry soda. Jason’s was interesting to say the least, but then again, I’m not really a fan of butterscotch.

The interior decorations were, you guessed it sodas. Floor to ceiling sodas.
The architecture was so neat, but all I could think about was if there was enough snow on the end, do you think the cover would just collapse? I hope not!

After a brief walk with the pups to stretch their little legs, we all hopped back into the car and Mike surprised us with a trip to the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City. They were showing an exhibit on bowie knives he has been dying to see. Of course Jason was elated. He loves that kind of stuff.

So gorgeous. There is a really neat story that includes Italy and a few artists, but I couldn't remember if I tried. You should just go and see it for yourself. : )

I love taking trips with friends. It means you will always have a photographer! 
Mary called this one the "crotch shot" because of obvious reasons with the statue.

A good time was had by all!




No comments:

Post a Comment