Thursday, December 1, 2011

Snick's Gift.


Well, since November has come and gone, I better tell you all what happened in our little lives recently. I was able to spend almost all of the days working in Tulsa, and I didn’t have to commute too far to work! It kind of felt like I won the lottery…Cha-ching! Any way, the first week of November I was staying with Mike & Mary German in Edmond, Oklahoma and commuting to Harold Hamm Diabetes Center in Oklahoma City. I mentioned before how much fun Mike & Mary are I’m sure.

I have to tell this story on the pups. So every night, Mike puts the dogs outside one last time and just before heading to bed he lets them in. Well one night there were no pups waiting at the back door to be let in and he wouldn’t come when you called them. They were up to something. After some convincing we rounded up Daisy and Fritz, but Snick wasn’t giving in… he was hunting! After donning jackets, shoes, and flashlights, Mike & Mary cornered little Snick. He was caught underneath the brush pile and wouldn’t come out, so Mike had to dig the fellow out. I noted Mike’s disapproval the next morning at breakfast.

I can’t remember if it was the night before that happened, or if it was the night after, but there was another hunting expedition the pups embarked on that left both Mary & I literally screaming and jumping onto the furniture! After the pups had been outside for some time, we thought they would be ready to come in. Well, Snick was the most ready of all. He had a gift to show us! He came barreling in and ran strait under the bed in Mike & Mary’s bedroom. So me being little nosey me, crouched under the bed to see what he had. Bad idea.

That’s when the screaming began and onto the furniture I ran! He had a HUGE mole in his mouth! GROSS!! Mike immediately heard the screaming and came to Mary and my rescue and retrieved the dead mole from Snicks watering mouth. Thank goodness for brave men in my life!

These picture were mostly for Jason, so he could see how good Snick was at hunting.


 Daisy was so interested. I think if she could talk, she would have been saying, 
“Can I lick it? Can I lick it? Can I lick it?” 
She is so nasty some times.

No comments:

Post a Comment