Wednesday, November 16, 2011

OU Game.



Okay, so anyone who had lived or even visited the south knows that college football is a HUGE deal. And OU football = even bigger. Jason and I just had to experience the mayhem that is college football in Oklahoma. After look at ticket prices though, we decided we better just stay home and watch.

One day when Jason was spraying a man’s house, I guess they got to talking about football or something, and he said he had two tickets he was looking to sell… 2 for the price of one. 
So we jumped on it!

It was the OU vs Mizzou game. Since Jason served his mission in St. Louis, I think he was secretly wanting Mizzou to win.


Did I ever mention how grateful for family I am? Seriously. I don’t know what I did to deserve such wonderful family and extended family. A couple of weeks during my community rotations it is required that I be in Oklahoma City, which also requires a place to stay during the rotation. So after I did some thinking about who I may know in the Oklahoma City area the first family that came to mind was the Germans. 

After a little convincing, they decided that they would let us stay…well okay. It didn’t take too much convincing since they are such an awesome family! They were delighted to hear from us and it has been so nice to stay with them and get to know them better. And they were happy to take out little Daisy Dog in too! See they have to wire haired dachshunds, and lets just say they took to Daisy like a bee to a flower. Those silly pups had too much fun! I think Daisy found her true roots as a country hound in the Germans back yard. 
Daisy got a little sleepy on the drive to Oklahoma City. 

OU game view from our seats
Okay so we had to park pretty far away and walk to the stadium, but it gave us a change to see the literally tens of thousands of tail-gaiters. Insane. They bring HUGE TVs with their satellite systems to watch the game, BBQ grills, Couches, Tents, basically you name it, they brought it to a football game. Every square inch of grass was staked with tail-gaiters. Wish we would have photoed that experience. 

My man.

Remember how I said the pups had too much fun? Well, here is what happens to pups who have too much fun. They crash.

Mary told us a super cute story about sand plumbs in western Oklahoma. You will just have to ask her to tell it to you. It's about her grandma and her wedding ring.
This jam is to. die. for. yummy. 

So on our way home from Oklahoma City on Sunday, my parents called and surprised us that they were in Tulsa! So we met up for dinner at Pei Wei Asian diner. Sean went a little crazy ordering from the menu. But we loved everything!
View of our very full table.


No comments:

Post a Comment